Have you ever wondered if the food you enjoy can keep your eyes healthy? Well, it can if you include these groceries on your shopping list.
1. Fish is a great choice when it comes to preserving eye health. We recommend salmon, as it has omega-3 fatty acids. They are considered "healthy" acids and can prevent dry eyes and contribute to the health of the retina in the back of the eye.
2. Nuts are also rich in omega-3 fatty acid, and also contain vitamin E, which can boost your eye health and protect eyes from damage. This is really great news for snack lovers! You have an excuse to enjoy almonds, walnuts, Brazil nuts, cashews, and peanuts. And that's not all: feel free to enrich your meals with seeds, as they are also rich in omega-3.
But while you're binge-watching your favorite show and eating a healthy snack, don't forget to protect your eyes from the blue light emitted by your TV, computer, and phone. We recommend these stylish PROSPEK Blue Light Glasses.
3. Eggs are eggsellent – we mean excellent – food for your eyes. Rich in vitamin A, zinc, zeaxanthin, and lutein, eggs are powerful guardians of your eyes’ health. And they are also easy to combine with other healthy food, such as greens, cheese, vegetables, etc.
4. Dairy products also contain valuable vitamin A, which protects the cornea; and zinc, the mineral which helps us see better at night.
If you want to improve your night driving vision, try LUMIN Night Driving Glasses. They filter bright lights, increase contrast, and eliminate glare.
5. Have you ever seen a rabbit wearing glasses? Well, actually, it's a myth that rabbits love carrots that much. But it's not a myth that carrots can do wonders for our eyes. Besides vitamin A, they are rich in beta-carotene, which can prevent eye infections and other dangerous eye conditions.
6. Leafy greens are very rich in vitamin C and E, but they also contain the healthy carotenoids lutein and zeaxanthin. So, be sure to add them to your menu to keep your eyes healthy.